Intelligent Delivery Technology ensures oxygen therapy is delivered efficiently and effectively in all modes of use. In fact, the Inogen Oneâ€™s oxygen delivery systems are clinically validated to provide the necessary oxygen for most ambulatory patients during all phases of daily activity and during sleep (RespirCare March 2006:51(3):252-256; and CHEST 1999 Vol.116(1):22-29).
ProprietaryÂ conserver technology contained within the Inogen One portable oxygen systems ensures oxygen is delivered within the first 400 milliseconds of inspiration â€“ where oxygen has the most effect on lung gas exchange. The Inogen One oxygen systems utilize unparalleled triggering sensitivity to quickly detect a breath and deliver oxygen within this critical period. Less sensitive conservers may create lags in the onset of the bolus, resulting in portions of the delivered bolus arriving too late, having less effect on lung gas exchange.
During periods of sleep, respiratory rates typically decrease. The Inogen One actively responds to this changing physiology through its use ofÂ proprietary technology to increase the bolus size. At 10 breaths per minute, the Inogen One home oxygen systems deliver double the bolus size as when the breathing rate is 20 BPM.
Continuous flow oxygen delivery systems do not compensate for the amount of inspired oxygen during periods of decreased respiration (sleeping). The same volume is available, but at lower tidal volumes and in nocturnal breathing patterns, less oxygen is inspired. Inogen understood this deficit in continuous flow and designed the Inogen One home oxygen systems to deliver more oxygen per breath as frequency and depth of respiration decreases during sleep.
Intelligent Delivery Technology at Night
- Unlike other oxygen systems, such as liquid oxygen systems, portable tank oxygen systems, or even other portable oxygen concentrators, the Inogen One is the only portable oxygen system proven to oxygenate patients during rest, exertion, and sleep.
- Intelligent Delivery Technology is highly flexible to changing environments and meters oxygen delivery through the system to promote increased oxygen delivery during sleep for most patients.
- As breathing rate slows, Inogenâ€™s Intelligent Delivery Technology increases each bolus dose.
- Intelligent Delivery Technology detects even shallow mouth breaths at night, and triggers a bolus dose based on a fixed minute volume.
- 5 clinical studies published in peer reviewed journals validate efficacy.
- Inogen has completed and published more clinical data surrounding the Inogen One oxygen system than any other available oxygen therapy product.Â
So what does that mean? For most people, oxygen systems like the Inogen One will be perfectly sufficient as a primary oxygen delivery system, for all modes of use.
Now you can eliminate your liquid oxygen systems and tanks and have just one portable oxygen system â€“ The Inogen One â€“ that can do it all, home and away, day and night.