Top 6 Social Benefits of Portable Oxygen Therapy
0 Comments | July 28, 2014
Portable oxygen therapy has many psychological and long-term health benefits, but did you know it can also improve your social life?Â Itâ€™s true; the days of being stuck at home tethered to endless tubing are long-gone. With the Inogen One G3, the social possibilities are endless. If youâ€™re ready to bounce back into an active social life, take a look at how the Inogen One can lend a hand:
- Greater independence to pursue a more active social life â€“ The convenience,Â mobility, and portability of the Inogen One G3 equates to a long-awaited revival of yourÂ now stagnant social life. Movies â€“ lunch with the girls â€“ shopping with friends â€“ baseball games â€“ Friday night card games â€“ anything is possible when your oxygen source is portable.
- Freedom to attend social functions with ease â€“ Because the Inogen One G3 delivers a continuous supply of purified oxygen, you never have to worry about leaving a social gathering prematurely. With a single battery that lasts up to 4.5 hours and a double battery that lasts up to 9, youâ€™ll have a long lasting supply of oxygen.
- Bridges the gap between you and long-distance loved ones â€“ If being with your grandchildren is important, but distance and cumbersome home oxygen systems have kept you apart, portable oxygen means youâ€™ll never have to miss another graduation or holiday.
- Affords the luxury of global travel â€“ No more being stuck at home with your dreary home oxygen concentrator; trips with friends or family to your favorite vacation spot are now well within reach.Â Â Â
- Saves embarrassment â€“ Social stigma associated with using supplemental oxygen in public is one of the most common reasons that people are reluctant to use a portable oxygen concentrator (POC) for oxygen therapy.1Â The inconspicuous nature of the Inogen One G3 saves the perception of embarrassment that may come with using a larger, more noticeable POC.
- Improves physical fitness while boosting motivation â€“ If exercising alone has never motivated you, exercising with other, like-minded health enthusiasts may. With the Inogen One G3, you can participate in group exercise classes, take part in recreational sports, or sign up for a bowling league.Â The Inogen One G3 makes staying fit and having fun easily attainable. Â Â
- To learn more about why the Inogen One is an incomparable solution to all your portable oxygen needs, read: Â Portable Oxygen: The Smarter Choice for Oxygen Therapy.
Author: Deborah Leader RN, BSN, PHN
1A.C. Simpson and G.M. Rocker. Advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: rethinking models of care QJM. (2008) 101 (9): 697-704 first published online July 31, 2008 doi:10.1093/qjmed/hcn08.
Photo Credit: Flickr,Â 67835627@N05, 10070028