Inogen Users know freedom and independence in their everyday lives. Thatâ€™s what comes with a medical oxygen concentrator with the utmost portability. Each month we provide a few suggestions for things to do that maybe you wouldnâ€™t have thought of doing with your old oxygen tank. Here are just a few ideas for enjoying your independence during the month of November.
1. Get Out and Vote â€“ Tear up that write-in ballot and take the trip to your local polling place on November 6th to exercise your civic duty in person. If youâ€™re unsure of where the polling place is for your area, consult your local government resource center or visit Vote411.org.
2. Salute the Veterans â€“ Are you an armed service veteran? Maybe you know a Veteran, or your community is having a parade. This year Veteranâ€™s Day is Monday November 12, and many communities commemorate this holiday at local libraries, schools, or town parks. No need to stay at home, just bring your oxygen concentrator along with you.
3. Make Travel Plans for Thanksgiving â€“ Maybe in years past, you had to stay home for Turkey Day, or had to host dinner. This year, thereâ€™s no reason not to hop in the car, plug in your oxygen concentrator, and head off to wherever family or friends will be enjoying the holiday. Inogen One oxygen concentrators are also FAA approved for air travel use in-flight.
4. Take in Some Thanksgiving Football or a Morning Parade â€“ Cities and towns across the country will have local football rivalry games as well as parades on the morning of Thursday, November 22nd. A single lithium battery for an Inogen concentrator will last for several hours, and be sure to have an AC Car Adaptor on hand to charge on the way there and on the way back. An Inogen One concentrator allows you the freedom and mobility to enjoy these Thanksgiving traditions before the turkey and pumpkin pie are served.
5. Get the Deals on Black Fridayâ€“ If youâ€™re willing to brave the lines, the deals on Holiday gifts donâ€™t get any better than the infamous Friday after Thanksgiving. Medical oxygen shouldnâ€™t stop you from walking around the shopping mall with family or friends, as the Inogen G3 comes with a shoulder-strapped carry bag. Thereâ€™s always Cyber Monday for online shopping for those less inclined to get out to the stores.
6. Start Your Winter Preparations â€“ Winter preparation means different things for different people. You might need to stack firewood or put away patio furniture in the back yard. You might need to take a trip to the hardware store to make sure you have rock salt, a shovel, and an ice scraper for the car. Maybe you just need a new coat. Whatever winter preparation might mean for you, November is a great time to do it before the bad weather hits. And an Inogen One oxygen concentrator will allow you all the portability you need to accomplish those preparations.